in a poistion; holy crapsticks

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 16 04:27:33 UTC 2007

Just watched Sci-Fi Channel's TV movie, _Showdown at Area 51_ (2007).  At one point, a character says, "Don't put me in a position!"

  I.e., a difficult or unpleasant relational position with respect to somebody else. (The speaker was reluctant to have to place the hero under arrest.)  Cf. the earlier and precisely parallel narrowing of "situation" into "bad situation."

  Another character had occasion to exclaim later, "Holy crapsticks!" which is a new one on me.

  JL