The word of the year for 2007 is English?

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Mon Dec 17 02:10:29 UTC 2007

Laurence Horn wrote:
> At 1:43 AM +0000 12/17/07, ronbutters at aol.com wrote:
>> The following were all new to me this year. Together they seem to
>> say a lot about life in America in the first decade of the century:
>>
>> Tourism suicide
>> Concierge medicine
>> Embedded giving.
>>
> They would say more to me if I knew what they were.  (I guess that
> means they're desirably opaque.)  Can we have brief definitions?

Well, I can do one out of three. "Concierge medicine" is running a
practice that accepts a limited number of patients, each of whom pays an
annual fee and, in exchange, is assured non-assembly-line appointments.

Alice Faber                                       faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                            tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                               fax (203) 865-8963