Detitillating nakedness and enrobing food

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue Dec 18 14:21:59 UTC 2007

Georgians don't do low-carb, Larry!

Haven't we listers discussed the regional(?) point concerning whether the word "hotdog" refers just to the cylindrical meat-like object or to the entire sandwich (that is, cylindrical meat-like object plus a "hotdog bun")? In the South, a hotdog is usually the entire sandwich; the cylindrical meat-like object is a "wiener" or "weenie." (Full disclosure: My dog's name--and preferred spelling--is Weni.)

--Charlie