Truthiness strikes again?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Dec 19 00:09:43 UTC 2007

The fourth-place finisher in "Survivor: China" claimed that she had
been demoted from "lunch lady" to janitor after she became too
popular at Douglas Intermediate Elementary School [southwest of
Boston].  The computer server at the school office has crashed under
the weight of "vitriolic" e-mail messages.  But her claim is false,
according to the schools superintendent, who complained to CBS but
was given little solace.  She said "They did explain to me today that
reality doesn't necessarily mean factual."

Boston Globe, December 18, B1 in my edition.  [Aside from a somewhat
jarring paralleling of noun with adjective -- although I haven't come
up quickly with an alternative, the super shows some wit.]

Joel