RHDAS on Google Books (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wed Dec 19 16:00:14 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 10:46, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
>  I just noticed that Vol 2 of Jon's opus is now on Google Books
> (with snippet view).

Same for volume IV of DARE, but with "limited preview," a step up
from "snippets." Still, incredibly useful.

http://books.google.com/books?id=i33BWgxbvXgC

Also, yesterday I noticed that Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of
English Usage is available in *full-text* there.

http://books.google.com/books?id=2yJusP0vrdgC

I hesitate to mention it here for fear it's a mistake and will now be
restricted to "limited" or "snippet" views, but I do have a hard
copy. It's just more efficient to search it digitally. Note that the
scans are crummy, though. Half-pages are missing. See p. 627 for an
example.

Grant Barrett
Double-Tongued Dictionary
http://www.doubletongued.org/