Green dictionaries

Wed Dec 19 16:10:10 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 10:46, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
>  I just noticed that Vol 2 of Jon's opus is now on Google Books
> (with snippet view).

Jonathon Green's "Cassell's Dictionary of Slang" (2e) is also in
"limited preview."

http://books.google.com/books?id=5GpLcC4a5fAC

It's a good way to get a taste for the work.

While we're talking about Mr. Green, I think I neglected to mention
his news (since he's too modest to have done it himself) from
October. He has struck a deal with Chambers Harrap to publish the
historical slang dictionary that he's been working on for more than
ten years. There's a press release here:

http://tinyurl.com/2qoab4

Grant Barrett
Double-Tongued Dictionary
http://www.doubletongued.org/