WONY (Word of NEXT Year)? Diavlog Revisited

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sun Dec 23 17:54:18 UTC 2007

In March of last year, Benjamin Zimmer noted
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0603A&L=ADS-L&P=R545
the word 'diavlog', describing a video dialog. At that time, googling
produced next to no hits on the word. Today, I found a total of nearly
10,000 hits when 'diavlog' and 'dia-vlog' searches are counted together.
More important, I became aware of the (diavlog) word because of a link
to such an event via today's NY Times. So I'm wondering, though diavlog
may be too little seen today to be cited as a WOTY, but could it be a
potential Word of NEXT Year?
(the other) doug