snot

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 24 02:08:07 UTC 2007

Maybe it's some kind of shortening of "snot-nosed little [whatever]!"
The snot-nose was quite common in the 'Forties. How it happened that
both "little snot" and "snot-nosed little [whatever]" were both unused
and essentially even unknown among Saint Louis's black population is
one of those mysteries that will never be solved.

-Wilson

On Dec 10, 2007 8:25 AM, David Bergdahl <dlbrgdhl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Wilson!
>
> Been enjoying your posts!  I think the mom used the expression "little snot"
> rather than the more familiar "little shit" b/c she cleaned it up for
> 'public' use. You should have asked your friend at the time!
>
> Best regards,
> David

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens