Wal-Marts, singular

Sat Dec 29 17:06:19 UTC 2007

And then there's the situation where a restaurant chain decides to
change its name to bring it into line with widespread customer
(mis)perceptions.  Such was the case with the erstwhile "Friendly
Restaurant" and "Church Chicken" chains, now "Friendly's Restaurant"
and "Church's Chicken".

--Ben Zimmer