coincidentally = ironically = also

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Thu Feb 1 19:10:54 UTC 2007

For anybody who missed The Daily Show last night, I recommend watching the early-evening rebroadcast tonight--specifically "our White House correspondent" John Oliver's hilarious satire of Bush and the Bushistas' orchestrated use of the phrase "embolden the enemy/terrorists" (that's what any expression of an opinion other than theirs will do, of course). I can't remember it all, but Oliver says criticism will "beweaken our troops," etc.

--Charlie