coincidentally = ironically = also

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Fri Feb 2 23:55:20 UTC 2007

On Friday 02/02/07at, when else, 12:07 AM Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU> wrote:

"For anybody who missed The Daily Show last night, I recommend watching
the early-evening rebroadcast tonight--specifically "our White House
correspondent" John Oliver's hilarious satire of Bush and the Bushistas'
etc. etc."

"Bushista" is an interesting expression.  It comes of course from Hispanoamerica, where it is used in "Zapatista" and "Sandinista" and others that I can't think of at the moment to mean "armed follower of", with, I am fairly certain. the connotation of "left-wing guerilla"  (e.g. those oppossed to the Sandinistas in Nicaragua were not the "contradistas" or "Somozistas" but simply the "contras".)
Therefore you connote that George W. Bush is the leader of a left-wing guerilla movement!