German-English Bilingual Dictionaries

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 8 03:42:53 UTC 2007

Langenscheidt Condensed Muret-Sanders German Dictionary, 2 vols., G>E
& E>G. Each volume is about the size of the MWCD. FWIW, I've never
seen the "Comprehensive" version. The "Condensed" version, though,
IMO, ought to be enough for anyone who's not a translator by
profession.

-Wilson

On 2/7/07, Fred Shapiro <fred.shapiro at yale.edu> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Fred Shapiro <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU>
> Subject:      German-English Bilingual Dictionaries
>
> I would welcome any suggestions of what are the most comprehensive and
> best German-English bilingual dictionaries.
>
> Fred Shapiro

> Fred R. Shapiro                             Editor
> Associate Librarian for Collections and     YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS
>    Access and Lecturer in Legal Research     Yale University Press
> Yale Law School                             ISBN 0300107986
> e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               http://quotationdictionary.com

-----
-Sam'l Clemens