Sometimes Islands (Lake Travis, Texas + Kodiak Island, Alaska)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 10 19:07:05 UTC 2007

This area of Texas (Hill Country) needs water. Lake Travis (at Austin)  has
the "Sometimes Islands"--when the water level goes down (as it is now),
they're islands. As quoted in today's Austin American-Statesman: "Those are the
Sometimes Islands. Sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not."
Any first citation for "Sometimes Islands"? Is the name used for any lake
anywhere else? There appears to be a "Sometime Island" at Kodiak in Alaska.
Anywhere else? HDAS? OED? DARE?
(GOOGLE NEWS)
_Central Texas may face water restrictions if region stays  dry_
(http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/02/10/10river.html)
Austin American-Statesman  (subscription), TX -  <NOBR>20 ho
"Those are the Sometimes Islands," said Robert Cullick, a  spokesman for the
LCRA. "Sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not.  ...
SOMETIMES ISLANDS + LAKE TRAVIS--228 Google hits
SOMETIMES ISLAND + LAKE--836 Google hits
SOMETIMES ISLAND + KODIAK--245 Google hits
_http://www.kkn.net/archives/html/QRP-L/1997-04/msg01830.html_
(http://www.kkn.net/archives/html/QRP-L/1997-04/msg01830.html)