British "geezer" = American "gangster"?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Feb 13 14:22:13 UTC 2007

It wasn't clear to me, as the dialog on Midsomer
Murders flashed by, whether "Diamond Geezers" was
a reference to the title of the film that the
murdered actor had appeared in, or to the members
of the gang.  But the context clearly was that
crime was associated with that film, so I thought it was worth posting.

Thanks for the information that "diamond geezer"
means "good fella"*, but can someone tell me what
the character of the DVD's "Diamond Geezer"
is?  And while I don't want to "require" Jonathon
G. to do anything, I am curious about its appearance in MM.

Joel

* Just a pun; I'm not (re-)claiming any mob connotation for "geezer."