consonant-level (B-list, C-list, etc.)

Fri Feb 23 17:41:11 UTC 2007

A new blogospheric coinage... from the categories for this year's Koufax Awards:

-----
http://koufax.wabanaki.net/node/32
Jan. 7, 2007
Best Consonant Level Blog
 This is a new category, overwhelmingly supported in the new category
poll, and one whose name I greedily pilfered from Attaturk (sitting in
for Atrios last week.) It seeks to recognize those moderate-sized
blogs which have not yet, or perhaps are happy not to, reach the ranks
of the "A-listers". Everyone has their own favorite due to content,
wit or ambience, or even the esprit des corps of the comments section.
 So who is your "go to" moderate-sized blog?
-----

The linked Atrios post is:

-----
Jan. 4, 2007
http://atrios.blogspot.com/2006_12_31_atrios_archive.html#116791122019567775
It is indeed too much for a consonant-level blogger like me, a mere
doughy-Midwestern boy with just a blog and a dream.
-----

I don't see any cites predating that.

--Ben Zimmer