It takes more than a language to unify a nation

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Feb 26 13:27:28 UTC 2007

Sorry for any confusion.  But I had not noticed this excerpt in
Bill's message, and in Salikoko's it was*not* preceded by a quotation bar:

>grew up in had a dial full of English radio stations, now there are
>some Spanish speaking stations.  If I'm looking at the
>specifications of a TV at Circuit City,!
  as often as not I've got to turn the box around because the side
facing me is Spanish rather than English.

>All this is to say that probably some of the underlying desire for
>English-only laws is not so much to make immigrants

Joel