WOTY Candidate

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jan 2 17:17:12 UTC 2007

At 9:05 AM -0800 1/2/07, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:
>On Jan 2, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Larry Horn wrote:
>
>>... I can imagine referring to other public figures as having a
>>"macaca
>>moment", which adds an attractive alliteration...
>

>granted.  but has this happened yet?  time's running out fast; the
>moment for macaca moments is passing.
>
>arnold

Whew!  Google yields 99,200 (plus or minus) hits for "macaca moment",
most of which are from 2006 (and none of which, I venture to say,
predate George Allen's little self-destructive episode).  Among the
perps/victims are Virgil Goode of Virginia and Steve Ballmer of
Microsoft, and that's just from the first page of hits.  So it's
clearly eligible.

LH