"Hep" vs. "Hip"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 2 19:06:31 UTC 2007

Though your question be rhetorical, I shall respond to it, anyway. You
could easily have doubted me. You could have responded, "That must be
your asshole talking, because your mouth knows better!" And that would
haave been cool. It would have been, however, a dangerous move to this
extent. As the old blues song goes, "Don't start me to talkin',
'cause I'll tell evvithang I know!"

As the listserv has probably noticed, almost every response that I
post contains a goodly portion of autobiography. My original reply
contained the story of my relationship with Greg from 1959-1972.
Fortunately, I was able to force myself to delete all that. Had you
responded, "Sounds good, but can you possibly document it?" I'd
probably still be working on my autobiography!

-Wilson, unable to resist habitually telling more than anyone could
ever want to know

On 1/1/07, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: "Hep" vs. "Hip"
>
> How could I have doubted you, Wilson ?  (Rhetorical question only.)
>
>   JL
>
> Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

-----
-Sam'l Clemens