Penmanship [Was: Illinois bans male pronoun]

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jan 9 02:41:03 UTC 2007

At 6:19 PM -0600 1/4/07, Rowan McMullin wrote:
>Is the related "my bad" more recent or older?
>
>-Rowan

Older than '99 for sure.  For example, Bob Greene wrote a column in
the 11/3/97 Chicago Tribune and syndicated elsewhere in which he
cites various linguists, including yours truly, weighing in on the
origin and significance of "my bad".

LH