Cigar Sayings

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jan 9 02:53:31 UTC 2007

At 10:02 AM -0600 1/5/07, Rowan McMullin wrote:
>http://thinkexist.com/quotes/with/keyword/cigar/
>
>Not sure about whether these are properly attributed, but in general it
>seems an OK listing.
>
>-Rowan

This one is interesting:

"A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke."

I remember it as "A woman is only a woman but a good cigar is a
smoke", which strikes me as more powerful, somehow.  Checking google,
I find 9810 for the latter, and the usual attribution to Kipling.
Victor Herbert comes into the picture too.  What does YDOQ have?

LH