national handwriting day

Jan Kammert write at SCN.ORG
Fri Jan 12 17:34:11 UTC 2007

Fritz, do you teach in K-12?  I teach 8th grade, and I also have students
who cannot read cursive and students who cannot tell time on a traditional
clock.  I also have students who don't know the months of the year in
order.  They would not know, for example, that March is the third month.
A staff member suggested that the emphasis on standardized testing has
pushed elementary schools to teach only what will be on the test.

Maybe, but I learned how to tell time and the months before I started
school.
Jan