Chimney

Scot LaFaive spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 24 16:00:10 UTC 2007

I find myself (and I think others) using "realator" and "realtor"....I
think. Inserting the vowel sound just makes it easier to say, and my tongue
is fairly lazy.

Scot

>From: Doug Harris <cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET>
>To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>Subject: Re: Chimney
>Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:32:35 -0500

>-----------------------
>Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       Doug Harris <cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET>
>Subject:      Re: Chimney
>
>And what's up with the oh-too-common use in these
>(central NY) parts of the 'word' realator?
>Members of the National Association of Realtors call
>themselves Realtors. Many people commonly misuse that
>term (to the occasional displeasure of NAR members) to
>refer to any member of the real estate-selling community,
>such as it is.
>But hereabouts, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone
>NOT saying realator -- even, oddly, members of the NAR!!
>--
>As might be said, in a more polite world, by a certain
>New Jersian whose name describe the high-pitched voice
>section of the choir...
>...Watch The Flock?
>--
>doug
>

>On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:10:14 -0500, Scot LaFaive
><spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> > -----------------------
> > Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> > Poster:       Scot LaFaive <spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM>
> > Subject:      Re: Chimney

> > FWIW, I'm aware of that word and use it jokingly here in WI (32 yr old).
> >
> > Scot
> >

> >> From: Doug Harris <cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET>
> >> To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
> >> Subject: Re: Chimney
> >> Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:12:34 -0500

> >> -----------------------
> >> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> >> Poster:       Doug Harris <cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET>
> >> Subject:      Re: Chimney

> >> Breastizez -- heard from a Westchester (NY) white 14-yr-old and a
> >> Brooklyn
> >> (NY
> >> black 13-yr-old. Neither BE or WE it would seem, but C (confused) E.
> >> doug

> > Invite your Hotmail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live
> > Spaces
> >
>http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us

>--
>Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Get Hilary Duff’s homepage with her photos, music, and more.
http://celebrities.live.com