FYI: 101st birthday of "hot dog" celebrated in Hagerstown, MD July 5th

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 3 03:43:02 UTC 2007

Hagerstown, MD--the town without a dictionary.
_http://deadspin.com/sports/minor-enterprise/gentlemen-start-your-mullets-2734
74.php_
(http://deadspin.com/sports/minor-enterprise/gentlemen-start-your-mullets-273474.php)

• 101st Birthday Of The Hot Dog. Thursday, July 5. _Hagerstown  Suns_
(http://www.hagerstownsuns.com/)  (Class-A South Atlantic League). To celebrate the
birthday of  this American staple, all hot dogs will be $1.01 on this special
day. And  coincidentally, the guy who ate that very first hot dog in 1906,
Walter  Breuning, is still around; _the 110-year-old threw out the first pitch at
a Great Falls White  Sox game_
(http://www.aaasport.sk/images/stories/mlb/110_ws_200607.jpg)  last week.
_http://www.hagerstownsuns.com/smccal.cgi?team=hag&popup=87_
(http://www.hagerstownsuns.com/smccal.cgi?team=hag&popup=87)
Thursday, July 5, 2007
7:05 pm
Hagerstown vs Delmarva

Thirsty Thursday, Hot Dog's 101st  Birthday Party ($1.01 Hot Dogs all night)
Domestic  drafts will be just $1.25 every Thirsty Thursday, presented to you
by WAYZ 104.7  fm.
Come celebrate the hot dog's 101st birthday party. Hot dogs will be $1.01 all
 night long. The Hagerstown Suns will even chip in $0.01 towards every hot
dog  you buy.
_http://gameops.com/bb2/viewtopic.php?t=58_
(http://gameops.com/bb2/viewtopic.php?t=58)
dog  (http://gameops.com/bb2/posting.php?mode=quote&p=105)
____________________________________
   The Hagerstown Suns will  be celebrating the 100th birthday of the hot dog
at their June 8 game. As  part of the birthday bash, hot dogs will be a $1
throughout the game,  there will be a hot dog eating contest, "Happy Birthday"
will be sung to  the hot dog, and the first pitch will be thrown out by the
Esskay Hot Dog  Man. Plus, the fan that finds a gold ticket in their hot dog
wrapper will  win free hot dogs for the rest of the season. We're not sure if it
actually is the hot dog's 100th birthday, but this is a good promotion  idea
nonetheless.

As I noted in the blog, I like the promotion  even with it's probably
incorrect date. I really liked they went beyond  the easy "$1 hot dog night" and made
this into something a bit more  substanitive.