Vitamin G (grease); Chicken Fried Bacon (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Jul 5 21:39:55 UTC 2007

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

When I was in college (early 1980's) I knew some people who had more
than a passing acquaitance with the drug scene.  They would call
qualudes "vitamin Q" and LSD "vitamin A" (for acid).  I don't
specifically remember other such constructions, but I'm sure "vitamin"
was overused that way, and referred to many other drugs.  (LSD was also
called Lawrence Stanley Davidson and Cousin Sid, if I recall correctly).