Palm Beach=cheese sandwich (1942); Waco=Dr. Pepper (1938)

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 8 13:25:03 UTC 2007

Larry: Job/slob is the movie version, according to the official website.
Click on "MOVIE LYRICS" at the top of the page and it takes you to
http://www.westsidestory.com/site/level2/lyrics/krupke_movie.html. The "soda
jerker" verse is about halfway down the page:

*RIFF* (to ARAB)(sings)
> Dear kindly social worker,
> They tell me get a job,
> Like be a soda-jerker,
> Which means like be a slob.
> It's not I'm anti-social,
> I'm only anti-work.
> Gloryosky, that's why I'm a jerk!

<<<

(Marc Sacks wrote:

[buck/schmuck] must be the uncensored (or maybe the movie?) version.
<<<

It's the stage version, as I said before, quoted from the website. The
version I remember, "dough/schmo", is from the cast album, as I suspected
and Larry has confirmed below.

m a m