dry lightning (P.S.)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Jul 8 15:20:08 UTC 2007

I assumed when I first heard the song that the reference of the
expression is to a phenomenon with the appearance of lightning that
somehow doesn't quite constitute actual lightning because of falling
short in some feature (unknown to me), on the model of dry humping.
So on that model there would be no presupposition that dry lightning
is literally drier than the real thing.

LH