Speech of NYC

Mon Jul 16 20:22:45 UTC 2007

I wrote the entry on the speech of NYC for the original edition of the Encyclopedia of New York City, an assignment that I was in no way qualified to tackle, but one of the sub-editors said "we've got a deadline and if you don't write it, one of us will have to"

Now I'm being asked to revise this article for a new edition.

If any of you are interested in writing a fresh 800 word survey of this topic. without compensation other than your name at the end and a sense that you have done a good deed, please let me know.  Or if any of you are willing to look over what I had originally written and suggest improvements.

This article has been on my conscience for ten years or so.

GAT

George A. Thompson