till

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Fri Jul 20 21:00:04 UTC 2007

It was the same for me in the '50s in Minnesota.  Dubuque is on the River,
right?  It may or may not have shifted to "till" in the past 50 years, with
the general sweep of Midland speech across Iowa and beyond.  What do you
hear these days?  (And btw, we used "to" both with and without the noun,
like you.)