Lego vs. Legos: Americanism? Regionalism?

James Callan james.callan at COMCAST.NET
Wed Jul 25 18:56:35 UTC 2007

On his blog, Jeopardy champ Ken Jennings recently discussed what one reader considered an error in his book Brainiac: Lego vs. Legos. Jennings says "Legos," which LEGO (the company) and many Lego fans don' t care for. As Jennings says:

Some households say “Let’s play with Lego.” Others (a majority in America, I’m guessing) say, “Let’s play with Legos.”
(http://ken-jennings.com/blog/?p=496)

I say "play with Legos" -- born in '70, raised in Wisconsin's Fox Valley and Milwaukee suburbs.

How does the Lego vs. Legos issue break down elsewhere? National boundaries? Regions?

 -- James Callan