words starting with "ex"

Mircea Sauciuc msauciuc at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 27 21:33:32 UTC 2007

Frankly, the reason no one is ³giving their opinion² is because you have
zero methodology to your ³research² (if we can call it that) and your
controls are non-existent.  I¹m not trying to attack you, but as it has been
mentioned here in the past, nobody takes you seriously because of your
³research² flaws and your serious lack of linguistic knowledge.  According
to what you¹ve written, you are using m-w.com pronunciation as your method
of data collection.  Several messages ago, you claimed you go out into the
field and collect data.  If so, why restrict yourself to m-w.com
pronunciation?  Seriously, Tom, I think you say these things on this forum
in order to get people worked up.  Personally, I don¹t think it¹s possible
that you actually believe half of the things you say.

And you are clearly unaware of any psycholinguistic research that states (in
a nutshell) that you don¹t always hear what you hear.  So I wouldn¹t be
preaching ³I go by what my EAR HEARS...²  That¹s nice for a child to say who
doesn¹t know better, but from a grown man who claims he does research is
utterly unacceptable.

-