multiplicity

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 30 19:02:35 UTC 2007

Like Wilson, I "log in to" a db, forum, etc., never *"login to" it. I
don't always bother to correct my speech recognition if it produces
"log into...", but I try never to let it slip "login" as a verb past
me. "Login" is for me a perfectly good noun, though, as 20 minutes ago
when I looked out the window, saw the rain pouring down, and asked if
there was a computer I could use in this building. "Sure. Hey Ryan, is
___ in?" "No." "Do you have a login on her computer?"

m a m