Modern Proverbs Appeal

Erik Hoover grinchy at GRINCHY.COM
Fri Jun 1 20:29:59 UTC 2007

Forgive me if this engineering proverb has been dealt with.

Variations of
"Faster, cheaper, better: you can have two, but not all three" Or
"Faster, cheaper, better: pick two"
are common in my experience among engineers.

This is referred to as an old joke in September 1997, according to
Google's Usenet archive:

Thread entitled: "Is amateur radio dying? Of course not."

[link = http://preview.tinyurl.com/2jv4xa]