road-trip, v.

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Tue Jun 5 13:55:59 UTC 2007

That (road-trip usage) would seem to be one issue. Another is
the minor one of the water twixt the US and England. That could
put a DAMPer on road-tripping _TO_ England from the west side
of the pond.
(Oh, and I _do_ realize the source of the word _damper_ is some-
thing altogether unrelated to the above punnish usage.)
(the other) doug

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 05:18:05AM -0700, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> One of Fox's beloved _F & F_ anchors suggests that they
> "could road-trip to England and look for the Loch Ness
> Monster."

And your main problem with this is _road-trip_ being used
as a verb?

Jesse Sheidlower
OED