road-trip, v.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jun 5 15:59:41 UTC 2007

Won't mention any names, but the anchor involved studied at Oxford University, which makes her smarter than many others I won't name.

  Furthermore, her Stanford degree is in Organizational Begavior, not Geography Knowledge, and she used to be Miss _America_, not "Miss _Loch Ness_."

  So lighten up. I still confuse "Myanmar" with "Mallomar."

  JL

James Smith <jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: James Smith
Subject: Re: road-trip, v.

If you think road-tripping to Europe is too much, try
the following:

1. go to www.google.com
2. click on "maps"
3. click on "get directions"
4. type "New York" in the first box (the "from" box)
5. type "London" in the second box (the "to" box)
6. hit "get directions"
7. Scroll down to step #21.

Bon voyage.

--- Doug Harris wrote:

> That (road-trip usage) would seem to be one issue.
> Another is
> the minor one of the water twixt the US and England.
> That could
> put a DAMPer on road-tripping _TO_ England from the
> west side
> of the pond.

James D. SMITH |If history teaches anything
South SLC, UT |it is that we will be sued
jsmithjamessmith at yahoo.com |whether we act quickly and decisively
|or slowly and cautiously.

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.