nerves

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Wed Jun 6 14:07:57 UTC 2007

By the same  token, a team can have lots of batters up and never
get cookies! Don't THAT take the cake!!
(Just thinking about it gives me nerves...)
(the other) doug

Poster:       Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU>
Subject:      nerves

Last night on TV I watched an exciting (though finally disappointing) game
between Jonathan's Ladies Who Volunteer to Play Softball and the team from
the University of Arizona. At one especially tense moment, the commentator
exclaimed, "Wow, I've got nerves all through my body!"

(It occurred to me that in softball or baseball, a batter can be ON DECK and
yet never get ON BOARD!)

--Charlie