How prevalent is the silent "t"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 7 22:07:39 UTC 2007

I believe that most words ending in "t" are silent or glattalized in most
English  accents.  Someone wrote below.

I'm just wondering about the pronunciation of words like 'entertainment'
'center' 'international' I mostly hear these words pronounced by dropping
the middle 't' so it would sound like enertainment, cener, and inernational.
But there are also others who would pronounced these words without dropping
the middle 't' could anyone know where the pronunciation originated and how
come others won't drop the middle 't' although I'm not saying it's wrong,
just wanna know so that if someone would ask the difference atleast I would
know the answer. Thanks in advance guys.

See truespel.com - and the 4  truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at
authorhouse.com.