Beans, etc, PS: The Battle Hymn...

GLL guy1656 at OPUSNET.COM
Fri Jun 8 04:44:40 UTC 2007

>From message of Thursday 07 June 2007 21:00:
: Actually you just reminded me--the first line in mine above should
: also have been "...the musical fruit", not "...the magical fruit".
: All I can say is that it has been a while.  (The fourth line in our
: version was indeed as I gave it, though.)

When I head this one in fourth grade (that would have been Andover MA, 1971,)
the first two lines were:

Beans beans they're good for your heart,
the more you eat the more you f at rt...
etc.
...so let's have beans at every meal."

- GLL

PS: With kids now getting SUSPENDED for play-acting with thumb and forefinger
representing a pistol, anyone knwo if it's still legal to sing the parody to
the tune of the 'Battle Hymn of the Republic,' starting with:

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school,
We have tortured every teacher, we have broken every rule..."

All just harmless fun in its day...