How prevalent is the silent "t"

Margaret Lee mlee303 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 8 10:32:35 UTC 2007

And Katie Couric pronounces "interview" as "innerview."

  -Margaret

Tom Zurinskas <truespel at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

I'm just wondering about the pronunciation of words like 'entertainment'
'center' 'international' I mostly hear these words pronounced by dropping
the middle 't' so it would sound like enertainment, cener, and inernational.
But there are also others who would pronounced these words without dropping
the middle 't' could anyone know where the pronunciation originated and how
come others won't drop the middle 't' although I'm not saying it's wrong,
just wanna know so that if someone would ask the difference atleast I would
know the answer. Thanks in advance guys.