For words ending in "-ity" is it ~t or ~d

Mon Jun 11 18:54:59 UTC 2007

I don't believe AmE speakers use a "d" sound in any of these words. They
use a tongue flap, represented by an upside down "r" in IPA. I think you
need a new symbol for it because "d" is not correct. Further, whether
people use the tongue flap or "t" is variable depending on social and
linguistic factors. Perhaps you can use marching red ants or flashing
(functions found in MS Word before version 2007) to represent this
variability. BB