beaner

Scot LaFaive spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 11 19:13:55 UTC 2007

I don't have the original message here, but just in case it wasn't
mentioned, what about "beaner" specifically as a marijuana seed, especially
in the amount of marijuana being smoked. I notice it is not in HDAS, not
sure about DARE (probably not), and it isn't in OED. Anyone including it in
one of their various dictionaries out there, besides the cesspool of Urban
Dictionary?

Scot LaFaive

>From: "Neudorf, Paula" <paula.neudorf at OUP.COM>
>To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>Subject: Re: beaner
>Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:58:40 -0400

>-----------------------
>Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       "Neudorf, Paula" <paula.neudorf at OUP.COM>
>Subject:      Re: beaner
>
>'Beaner' in this sense is also in the OED (first quot. 1969); however,
>there are no quotations for 'brown as a beaner' at that definition.
>
>For what it's worth, I grew up in Nevada where 'beaner' was very
>common to me. I've never heard 'brown as a beaner'. The phrase gets
>only 1 hit on Google, and no hits on Nexis, so I'm guessing it's
>either really rare or too recent to have appeared in a lot of
>publications.
>
>Paula Neudorf
>OED

Picture this – share your photos and you could win big!
http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us