NewspaperArchive still is not working?; Readex/NewsBank Content

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 12 06:19:35 UTC 2007

NEWSPAPERARCHIVE STILL NOT WORKING?
NewspaperArchive declares that it has just digitized the San Antonio  Express
from 1939-1956. Excellent...if the search engine works.
So how come I can't find the "Nachos Especiales" that managing editor  Julian
Cross enjoyed during WWII? How come I can't find any "nacho" at all  during
this time period? Or even a single "burrito" from 1939-1956??
A simple check for "New Braunfels" (a Texas city close to San Antonio) for
1939-1956 turns up zero hits in the entire NewspaperArchive???? (A Google News
Archives search for the same query shows many NewspaperArchive hits. Where'd
they go?)
I know the NewspaperArchive search engine is screwing up, but this is
ridiculous.
NEWSPAPERARCHIVE--NEW CONTENT
Available 6/12/2007
Title: San Antonio Express  Country: United States Of America  State: Texas
City: San Antonio  Page Count: 80469  Date(s):
1939 - 1956

_http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/nacho/_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/nacho/)
A Taste of Texas
by Jane Trahey
New York:  Random House
1949
Pg. 27:
There’s a little restaurant in  the small Mexican town of Villa Acuna that
serves some of the finest  food in the world. For part of World War II, Mr.
Julian Cross, managing  editor of the San Antonio Express, was stationed on the
Rio  Grande border. One night a small group of officers, one terribly  homesick,
decided to visit Pedro, their favorite waiter there. Like  all Latins, Pedro
just couldn’t stand unhappiness. He did everything  but stand on his head to
cheer his morose uniformed guest. When  nothing, including the Martinis,
worked, Pedro left. Sometime later  he returned carrying a large dish of Nachos
Especiales.  “These Nachos,” said Pedro, “will help El Capitan—soon  he will
forget his troubles for nachos make one romantic.”

READEX/NEWSBANK CONTENT
If anyone gets these goodies, please let me know:

New York Herald 1874-1898
New York Tribune 1856-1922
Cincinnati Commercial Tribune 1869-1890
Cincinnati Daily Gazette 1867-1883