Handsight: An eggcorn?

Mark Peters markpeters33 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 14 20:01:20 UTC 2007

Not sure of the logic here exactly... Just a bleeding over from "in hand"? I did find some "with handsight" examples too.
  Mark

  I think in handsight you've realised this and the tone of your reply to the many of us Northern Oiks is to be commended.
  http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mickcleary/dec2006/rugbyleague.htm
  For my liking, there was a little too much banter and not enough music, but much of the crowd seemed to enjoy this, and I can’t help feeling that Sharleen’s definition of the difference between a cake and a biscuit, as used to describe a ‘Jaffa Cake’ was compelling. (In a nutshell, if you leave a biscuit out all night it goes soft, if you leave a cake out all night it goes hard) – Though in handsight, this shows what an accomplished act they are – I was restless for more music!
  http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2005/10/11/texas_royal_concert_hall_feature.shtml
  I realized that the different balances, accounts, rates, or financial aspects to include in your business plan really depend on your specific business idea. Although this might be obvious in handsight, I bet that many entrepreneurs-to-be use standard financial sheets you can download from the web.
  http://genesisbusinessplan.blogspot.com/
  This thread is becoming altogether too serious. So, Scott passed up what in handsight was a very good deal.
  http://www.dr1.com/forums/real-estate/32970-rising-real-estate-prices-7.html
  In handsight, a scarf might have been a good idea.
  http://touchwolf.blogspot.com/2007/02/captain-oates-is-back_21.html