"guy'' NOT ''guys''

Fri Jun 15 15:27:59 UTC 2007

"Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET> wrote:

In a message dated 6/15/07 11:02:05 AM, wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM writes:

> Is it linguistically noteworthy that it is also being used today to
> refer to females, including by females? What date should one look to beat

Joel is talking about the PLURAL usage, and = 'y'all' or 'yuz', which has
been endless discussed here.

.I'm referring to the singular "guy" = 'buddy' 'fella' 'sir' 'mister' etc.,
as in "I'm telling you, guy, I just don't feel like going to the ball game."
Used only to a male.

 See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.