OT: voice recognition software

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 18 03:00:16 UTC 2007

Don't believe the marketing that says it works perfectly straight out of the
box. Get good software and TRAIN IT to your speech.

Ask on the newsgroup comp.speech.users. If Martin Markoe joins the
discussion, heed his words. I have known him professionally on the newsgroup
for many years, and in my experience he is knowledgeable, helpful, and
unbiased.

Mark A. Mandel
Chief Linguist, Dragon Systems, Inc., (R.I.P.), 1990-2001