trills and thrills WAS Re: For words ending in "-ity" is it ~t or ~d

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 18 19:26:26 UTC 2007

Heh. "Kkkkkkk" is used by the kif, whose names and words often include "kk",
as in "hakkikt" 'pirate prince'. They are described as reptilian in
appearance except for a thin sagittal line of hair along the top of the
skull. There's one (hooded) in the background of the cover illo here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ypdj88

The kif have two sets of teeth: the big long jaw you can see there for
tearing hunks out of their (preferably living) prey, such as enemies, and an
inner set for chopping it up fine to get through their narrow gullets.
"Kkkkkkkk" is the chattering of the inner teeth. Not having such, I've had
to make to.

As if that weren't enough challenge, I use the word several times in a song
(http://filk.cracksandshards.com/NewDays.html).

-- Mark A. Mandel, The Filker With No Nickname