Creationalism

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 19 05:00:29 UTC 2007

CREATIONALISM--906 Google hits
CREATIONISM--5,800,000 Google hits
This was delivered yesterday in a speech before Google in California by New
York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who was there to...promote his 10-year-old
book...Bloomberg, in the same sentence,  is complaining about our
educational system?
_http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/06/18/politics/p153151D
33.DTL&type=politics_
(http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/06/18/politics/p153151D33.DTL&type=politics)

In one of his harshest comments, Bloomberg dismissed creationism — the theory
 that the universe was created by intelligent design — mistakenly calling it
"creationalism." The remark made plain that Bloomberg has no interest in
running  in the Republican presidential primary, where outreach to Christian
conservatives is critical.
"It's scary in this country, it's probably because of our bad educational
system, but the percentage of people that believe in Creationalism is really
scary for a country that's going to have to compete in the world where science
and medicine require a better understanding," he  said.