OED Appeals list (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Fri Jun 22 14:53:17 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 09:48:34AM -0500, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
> Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>
> Barry, Sam, Fred and others have worked on this.  My original post went
> to the ADS-L and the OED.  Did you guys send your antedatings
> (antedations?) to the OED?
>
> Does someone from the OED regulary scour this list?  Jesse, do you
> forward results to the home office?

I usually pick up antedatings and send them in. If the post
has been cc'd to the oed3 address, I won't always bother, but
I'll usually do it anyway, just to ensure that good
antedatings don't end up sitting in a box for years.

Can I ask which appeals list this was taken from? A number
of the things you've included seem to have antedatings
considerably earlier than what was posted publicly.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED