Latest sighting of "hairy eyeball"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 28 13:59:27 UTC 2007

Talking head on Fox News:

  "Whatever happened to the hairy eyeball, that look of disapproval our parents used to intimidate us with?"

  "Hairy eyeball" is in HDAS from 1963. Is this beatable?

  I'd like to give credit where it's due, but the hot new journalistic practice of both Fox and CNN is to flash the name of a guest commentator on the screen for about three seconds, then remove it permanently while collapsing their remarks to roughly five words of one syllable at the bottom of the picture. Now _that's_  edutainment!

  Sometimes the anchor thanks them by their full name (or "Dr. So-and-So" if it's a physician), but it's more likely to be first-name only.

  Hey, who cares who's talking? All it is is information!

  JL

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.