Like a mackerel

Mon Mar 5 22:42:19 UTC 2007

 (JI'm amazed that no one else seems familiar with the vulgar American idiom,  (B
 (JFUCK LIKE A MACKEREL, i.e., 'copulate enthusiastically and in a way that offers  (B
 (Ja man great pleasure." I have never heard this used of men (except gay  (B
 (Jbottoms), but I recall it from my youth in Iowa. I assumed it derived from a  (B
 (Jreputation among those who know makerel well that they are ardent sexual cratures. So,  (B
 (Jfor me, the line means much what it would have for Shakespeare if it had  (B
 (Jreferred to sparrows rather than mackerel. (B

 (JI don't find it using a Google search, however. So maybe the idiom is fast  (B
 (Jbecoming dead as a door knob or whatever. (B

 (JIn a message dated 3/5/07 8:37:42 AM, neil at TYPOG.CO.UK writes: (B

 (J> Again, from Loren D, Estleman,  $(D)- (JStress $B". (J, 1996 [Robert Hale, London, 1997, (B
 (J> 54]: (B
 (J>  (B
 (J> "I dated an erotic dancer from the Pussycat that could fold both feet behind (B
 (J> her neck." (B
 (J>  (B
 (J> "She any good?" Kubiceck asked. (B
 (J>  (B
 (J> "Like a fucking mackerel." (B
 (J>  (B
 (J> Can someone elucidate that last comment for me? (B
 (J>  (B
 (J> --Neil Crawford (B
 (J>  (B

 (J AOL now offers free email to everyone.  (B
 (J Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com. (B