Financial Times Article on OED

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Mar 12 22:09:03 UTC 2007

Not sure which sort of people I are:

"Returning to John Simpson's desk, I ask what sort of people write in
to the OED with suggestions for dictionary entries. "Oh, very nice
people," he says in a scary sort of way, making me wonder if they are
a bunch of latter-day W.C. Minors. But, he adds hastily, many of them
make invaluable contributions - for example, working their way
through 18th-century texts that the OED's own staff would never have
enough time to examine."

Joel